of you are probably aware Michael Bond and Stephen Fry are visiting
Paddington in Peru. He will then return with them for a long holiday
in the UK touring British schools.
If you are lucky enough to have Paddington visit you here is a nice
integrated ICT activity for you to do. If Paddington isn't visiting
I'm sure one of your pupils will have a friendly bear prepared to be
- Using Inventa and the Inventa's workshop cards "Soapbox Derby"
create a chariot for Paddington to ride in that can be hitched (suction
hook) to a Roamer horse.
- Program the Roamer horse to take Paddington on a tour of the school.
- Whilst Paddington is touring the school he can carry with him the
SenSci Datalogger with the plug-in sensor module attached.
- When Paddington returns to the classroom after his journey download
the readings into the computer for analysis.
- Using the readings as a guide the children can then invent a journey
for Paddington. Perhaps he was attacked by a dragon as the temperature
reading went up. Did it get noisy? Perhaps he joined in with a trolls
party. As it got darker perhaps he was exploring deep in a cave. Their
imaginations can run riot, but must follow the data.
- Or you could be more prosaic and just describe the journey - the
temperature went up as the Chariot went past the radiator, he then
turned the corner into Mrs Mitchell's classroom and bright sunlight
was steaming in the window.
If you have any suggestions for Topical Topics that you would like
to see ideas for or, even better, have a Topical Topic that has worked
well with you class and you could share with other teachers please do